This city in the Nariño department is only two hours away from the border with Ecuador.
Descripción de actividad por localización
Colombians love to celebrate. Just have a look at the calender and you can see that many great festivals take place in different regions of the country throughout the year. These festivals show the rich cultural heritage of this beautiful country.
• Carnival de Barranquilla: the second biggest carnival in the world (February)
• Rock al Parque: Second biggest rock festival in Latin-America after Rock Rio (end of June)
• International Book Fair: one of the most important literature fairs in all of America. It hosts writers, publishers and buyers from the entire world. Thanks to this event, Bogotá was appointed the Book Capital of the World in 2007.(end of April, two weeks)
• The Ibero-American Theater Festival: every two years, is the biggest theater festival in the world (March, two weeks)
• The Cartagena Film Festival (end of February, one week)
• Feria de las Flores ¨flower festival¨ (August)
• Colombiamoda fair (July)
• Semana Santa in Popayan: the most important holiday of the year for Colombians with the biggest celebrations in Popayan (Easter Week)
• Vallenato Legend Festival in Valledupar: one of the most important music festival of the Colombian folklore music Vallenato (April)
• Cali Fair: salsa festival in Cali (December)
• Carnival de Blancos y Negros in Pasto (January)